Photo: Bård Løken / Visitnorway.com
Virtual Trip to Norway in Winter | Spain
VIRTUAL TRIP TO NORWAY IN WINTER
DATE: 24 NOVEMBER 2022
- This activity will help us reach out to the relevant tour operators we wish to work with in the long term.
- This activity will help up educate the local travel trade in the direction of our strategy.
- This activity will help generate sales and help the Norwegian tourism industry to get quickly back on track after 2 years of the pandemic
- This activity will help the Norwegian tourism industry to adapt its products to our strategy and gain an understanding of how to implement changes in a B2B perspective.
This activity will help us to promote tourism in winter, which is essential if we want to increase traffic outside the summer months. Winter still has major growth potential in the Spanish market, and we want to bring tourists to Norway all year round.
During the event, we will feature local food from Norway, which is also part of our sustainable strategy.
Participants – suppliers
- Activity companies
- Other accommodation
- Incoming operators – regional
- Incoming operators – national
The activity will be a digital fam trip showed by streaming during a winter event in Madrid. The fam trip will be conducted by the regions, who will invite the most relevant providers to present their products.
The fam trip will be virtual, but the event will be physical.
The virtual fam trip will be recorded, and it will be displayed during a webinar where we can invite the whole industry.
Participants – buyers
- Tour operators
- Travel agencies
- Event agencies
- Independent agents
For the physical event, we will invite the most relevant tour operators and travel agencies working with Norway or with the potential to start selling Norway in winter.
For the Virtual webinar fam trip, we will invite the entire industry.
- Digital Fam trip
- Physical Event
The main reason for organizing this activity is to promote winter products among the travel industry. Winter is still quite unknown in the Spanish travel trade, and we want to acquaint the industry with new winter destinations in Norway.
• Promoting supplier products towards the most relevant tour operators and travel agencies in the Spanish market during a physical event.
• Promoting supplier products towards the entire Spanish travel industry through a campaign in a travel trade magazine and a webinar
Does not include any physical presence. If any of the regions would like to be present during the event, this will have no extra cost except travel costs. If any of the regions decide to come to Spain for the event, it would be good to bring some local products for the event.
Minimum number of participants: 4 (regions)
Maximum number of participants: 20 (5 suppliers per region)