Photo: Christine Baglo/Visitnorway.com
Norway for Culture Lovers | France
NORWAY FOR CULTURE LOVERS (event)
DATE: 11 OCTOBER
Please register your interest now and we will send you the official invitation as soon as we can.
- This activity will help us reach out to the relevant tour operators we wish to work with in the long-term.
- This activity will help up educate the local travel trade in the direction of our strategy.
- This activity will help Norwegian tourism industry to adapt their products to our strategy and get an understanding how to implement changes in a B2B perspective.
We will dig in into a segment prioritized by our National Tourism strategy : The Culture interested travelers.
Read more about this here : Markedsutvikling for fremtiden (visitnorway.com)
Participants – suppliers
- Hotel chains
- Incoming operator – regional
- Incoming operator – national
This event is suitable for suppliers willing to reach out to the Culture interested travelers and especially those offering art & architecture experiences.
Participants – buyers
- Tour operators and niche operators
- Tailor-made agencies
- Independent agents
We invite tour operators and tailor-made agencies specialized in Cultural experiences.
We will focus on recruiting niche operators specialized in culture, art and architecture tours (priority1), but also invite operators interested in cultural experiences and tailor-made agencies (secondary).
The latest Corona barometer from Visit Norway confirmed that French travelers are one of our priority markets for the ones most interested in cultural experiences. We know that culture-interested visitors are higher spenders and are more able to visit a destination all-year round.
Norway’s National tourism strategy emphasizes the importance of getting a higher share of culture interested tourists in the future.
From September 20th to January 22nd 2023 - the world-renowned “Musée d’Orsay” in Paris will host an important exhibition dedicated to Edvard Munch. This exhibition represents an opportunity to showcase Norway as an important culture destination toward the French market.
Parallelly to the exhibition opening, we plan to arrange an event for tour operators and agencies specialized in culture, art and architecture trips. This event will give Norwegian culture providers the opportunity to connect and mingle with relevant buyers. As we want to secure qualitative dialogues, we will limit the number of participants on both buyer and supplier side.
The event will take place from 8:30am to 3:30pm and will be divided in two phases
1. Phase 1 – workshop & lunch with niche operators
- Breakfast & presentation of Norway as a Cultural destination
- Cultural product pitch from each partner – one product per partner
- Speed dates with the Cultural operators & light lunch
2. Phase 2 – Mingle around exhibition
- After-lunch guided visit of the Munch exhibition in Musée d’Orsay with several invited tour-operators.
Note : This event will take place provided that :
- We secure a guided visit at Musée d’Orsay (ongoing discussion)
- We secure at least 10 cultural French operators to the workshop
Prior to this activity we will arrange a webinar about the French Culture tourist and opportunities for Norway
Price per company/per person : 800€ - 900€ per company
- Access to the Market Manual, which describes the registered buyers’ company profiles and contact information
- Description of company & contact information in the Product Manual, made available to all registered buyers (workshop & Guided visit)
- Presentation of your company & table for the speed dates
- Light lunch & snacks
- Guided visit to Musée d’Orsay
- Webinar about the French culture tourist
Does not include:
- Meals outside event hours
- Travel costs & travel insurance
Minimum/maximum participants: 8 / 10
Provider criteria - Norway for Art lovers
As we have limited capacity for this event, and if we were to get too many registered, we will prioritize as such:
- Select only suppliers that can offer cultural thematic products
- Select only suppliers that have offers to the Leisure segment B2B FIT
- Guarantee a good mix of type of suppliers (destination companies, incoming operators, attractions/museums, accommodation)
- Guarantee that all Norway is represented by having suppliers from all Norway
- Suppliers that have an eco-certification or in the process of getting one will be prioritized
- Norwegian registered companies will be prioritized
- First come – first served principle will apply in the end
Register your interest : https://na.eventscloud.com/