From practical information to inspiring ideas and tour suggestions – find out what your clients can do with the whole family in Norway.
In the countryside
Outside the cities, the landscapes open up like huge playgrounds where young and old alike can enjoy nature at its best. Just remember to be prepared for your outdoor adventures, and refer to our safety guidelines.
It is good to note that Norway is a generally safe country – it is a politically stable destination with a low crime rate and a negligible risk of social unrest.
- A lot of hotels have special deals and facilities for families, for example double rooms with an extra bed or a kitchenette.
- Many farms offer accommodation for tourists in the summers – this is great for the kids, who can play outdoors and get to know the animals.
- There are cosy cabins available to rent all over the country: Wooden lodges in the mountains and fishermen’s cabins along the coast.
Having fun: Activities the kids love
Many Norwegian skiing resorts are smaller and less crowded than the common resorts in the Alps – ideal for families!
Most resorts have dedicated, highly developed kids areas with ski schools and activities for children.
More snow fun
Kids love snow, and for a good reason – there is so much to do in the winter:
- Dog sledding
- Reindeer sledding
- Northern lights hunts
And last but not least – build snowmen!
It's easy to find family-friendly, quiet roads with little traffic in the countryside.
- Many skiing resorts, like Trysil and Geilo, open their lift systems for MTB and downhill cycling in the summer.
- Many mountain bike areas have been constructed with the whole family in mind, for example Trysil Bike Arena.
- There is also downhill cycling for all ages, for example at Geilo Downhill Park.
Find extra information</ br> on Visitnorway.com
Correct! Many Norwegian skiing resorts are smaller and less crowded than the popular resorts in the Alps. Also, most of them have dedicated and highly developed kids’ areas with ski schools and activities for the children.
Nope, that's not what we had in mind.
Well done! Many hotels offer family rooms and special deals for families. Most places offer activities especially for children, and services such as transportation are usually well organised and timely. Compared to other countries, Norway is a politically stable country with a low crime rate.
Oh dear, we're afraid you didn't get this one right.